Have you checked your eating habit?
Imagine filling vegetable oil into a car engine because you are in a hurry to go to work and can't pass by the petrol station. Well, that is exactly what you do when you constantly eat fast/junk food because you don't really have time to cook or you are simply feeling lazy to. A better excuse is that you cannot cook. you should eat right!
Oil, just like the food we eat is what powers the car, in our case, the human body. Oil (gasoline or diesel fuel) is reasonably stable, easy to contain under normal environmental conditions, and produces a large amount of energy when burned with air. It allows you to drive your car a couple of hundred miles on one refill. Vegetable oil on the other hand has a very high viscosity. It's so thick that the engine has a hard time atomizing the fuel completely when it is sprayed into the combustion chamber. The result is unburned fuel that clogs the engine.
Similar to the car engine, you cannot just feed the body anything and expert the body to function properly or stay healthy for longer. Most fast foods out there are calories without much nutritional values behind them. Let's face it. Junk foods gets it's good taste from most likely a combination of so much salt, sugar, fats, calories, little protein and fiber. Junk food is low in fiber and often full of refined ingredients.
Your body needs a total satisfactory of the various ingredients which junk foods doesn't provide requiring your body to work for them. That results in various illness.
It’s important to be sure you don’t feel deprived and allow yourself a treat now and then but junk food should not be a regular part of your week. It can ultimately lead to weight gain because they don’t serve to control hunger relative to their healthier counterparts.
You need to eat right:
Eating well can be habit just as eating junk. First you need to understand that the food you eat can either affect your health and risk you is various diseases or they can keep you happy, healthier and out of your hospital bed.
Fruits, vegetables, whole-grain and low-fat dairy products are the healthy foods you need in your diet. You should constantly eat these instead of junk fast foods.
Over the years i have adopted a routine which had help me eat right regardless where i am or how i feel.
- Eat at home. When you cook your own meals, you know what gets into the meal and can manage the intake of salt, sugar, fat and calories.
- Pack a healthy meal, snack or fruit for work. This doesn't just ensure that you eat well, it also saves you a lot of money.
- Don't skip or delay meals. Treat food as you would treat your work. (Well, unless you mess up at work. lol). Ignoring a feeling of hunger can lead you to eating too much or even choosing a wrong meal or snack. Always stick to your meal schedule.
- Eating meals with friends and family can also improve your eating habit. It would make you find pleasure in eating. You would feel more relaxed and not eat too fast.
- Learn to cook. It's not so difficult with so many recipe books out there. OP University offer video recipe courses you can signup. Subscribing to OP Basket can also be to your advantage. You would constantly receive healthy produce and ingredients together with recipes.
The money you are chasing after would mean nothing if you are on your sick bed about to die. If you are sick, you cannot be productive at work. You can't be confident with your body if you are shapeless. You need to be mindful of what you eat and never compromise with food.